Sunday, March 27, 2011

The First Post, A Second Time

For some reason, I started thinking about my blog recently. I found myself coming up with ideas and wishing that I was still writing. After a couple weeks of deliberation, I have decided to resume maintaining this blog.

This decision did not come without a lot of consideration. My biggest concern was my motivation. Why would I have a blog? More importantly, for whom would I write? Myself? My ego? Is it a place for inspiration, or is it a place for self-promotion? I don’t want this to be a facade for my own narcissism.

Another concern is that there are times when unconsciously I gravitate to the internet to escape. When I want to turn my mind off. When I want to disengage from the world around me, from my neighbors, and even from my family. I don’t want to be that way. And even worse, I don’t want to cause someone else to be that way. I don’t want to keep my readers from loving their neighbors because they are sitting alone at their desks.

With these concerns on my mind, I cautiously write this new post. A lot has happened in the two years since my last blog post. Actually, our family has experienced several major, life-changing events.  I gave birth to our firstborn son. My husband was ordained a priest in the Anglican Church. We moved across the country. And I gave birth to our twin boys. So now I write as someone who has quickly become a mother of three (my son and my twins are only 13 months apart!). I intend for this blog to continue being a collection of the many little pieces that decorate our lives. Welcome to These Little Pieces.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...