Friday, November 21, 2008

Budgeting For Thanksgiving

A Thanksgiving meal can put a strain on one’s weekly budget. I’ve been preparing for Thanksgiving by stocking up on sale items; however, many ingredients must be bought fresh. In order to not go over budget, I’ve decided that all our dinners leading up to Thanksgiving will be cooked with only the food that we already have on-hand. Our meals will utilize the frozen chicken in our freezer, frozen vegetables, and applesauce. So my grocery list this weekend will primarily consist of groceries for Thanksgiving. By cutting out some of the things I usually buy on a weekly basis, I can make room in our weekly budget for the special occasion food.

Here are some of the recipes I’ve had my eyes on: Roasted Turkey with Sage, Hard Cider Gravy, Thanksgiving Stuffing, and Favorite Apple Pie.

{Photo from Martha}

1 comment:

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva said...

I have vowed not to let thanksgiving put a strain on my budget this year. Last year, I think I spent more on one Thanksgiving meal then I did on my groceries for an entire week. It was ridiculous. I won't be doing that again this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...