After visiting this website, I collected some useful tips on how make what you eat a little more nutritious…
- Use fat-free or low-fat yogurt instead of sour cream in recipes and as a topping.
- Try salsa or fruit chutney on meat, fish, or poultry instead of sauces and gravies.
- Substitute air popped popcorn for another snack.
- Use fat-free or low-fat milk instead of water in your oatmeal and hot cereals.
- Top a baked potato with fat-free or low-fat yogurt. For dessert, make pudding with fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Use vinegar and oil or a light vinaigrette on salads instead of thick, creamy salad dressing.
- Use vegetable oils for cooking instead of solid fats like stick margarine, lard, or butter.
- Try chopped fruit or pureed berries on pancakes and waffles instead of butter and syrup.
- Use sliced bananas, berries, raisins, or diced fruits to sweeten breakfast cereals or yogurt.